Friday, August 8

~ contest entry ~

for my entry i used a blank small composition book, the 4 1/2 x 3 1/4 size. covered it with the pretty blue card stock. i shrank the lovely image & deckle scissors cut it out. i covered the binding of the comp book with a piece of vintage lace & added a piece of the pretty blue yarn with a small silver heart embellishment attached. i also put a silver heart on the image in the circles. then before gluing on the image i darkened the edges of the book & image & the letters i stamped & cut out. sepia accents were applied to the key on the image for some dimension. this image was so pretty as it was & thought this small journal was a good idea. ~ this is such a blessing to be able to create & enter this contest. i find it a challenge to get something done. it is not about the winning (altho that would be great!) i can see possibilities in the images we are given & it is a wonderful way to accomplish an art piece. i have many things i want to do ~ mebbe i should give it all a deadline? ~ it would push me to accomplish more art pieces... ? humble ♥ heart

8 comments:

Eve said...

I love the face in the keyhold. This is charming!

Myrna said...

Hey! We both did journals!! Great minds think alike!! ;-)
I love it!! Love all the texture and color--so soothing!! Great job!

A Wild Thing said...

I too love the face in the keyhole, it's as if she is holding in the best secret, too shy to put it to ink.

Beautiful...good luck!!!

sharon

Kathryn Costa said...

I think this is one of the loveliest compositions books that I have seen.

kathy said...

Vikki - how lovely - such a sweet
and ethereal look -- love all the sweet touches -- i too need to have deadlines --seems lately too much busy work and i also need to
feed my ART - soul --It brings me to a sense of joy and accomplishment -- and only has to please and reflect me - kathy - GA

The Feathered Nest said...

Hello sweet friend!! You've been on my mind and just wanted to say hi and hope all is well in your world! Is your weather cooling off any at all? Hope the antique spaces are doing wonderful ~ Wishing you a great weekend Vikki!! hugs to you, xxoo, Dawn

Leah said...

I love your entry into the mind wide open contest, it looks really cool plus I have a notebook addiction. I also LOVE your blog header with that 'still life' with the keys and stone (?) heart and the buttons. That's a cool clay/stone heart, did you make it? and i can't believe that little bird let you hold it, what pretty feathers! your playlist on your site is very soothing.

Deb said...

Hi Vikki
I love your entry. I didnt get to enter this month as I was on holidays. Looking forward to catching up on missed posts :-)