Monday, March 8

~♥ me at almost three ♥♥♥

i found this pic awhile back. i see all these pics put on the blogs... & thought this might be ok.
i am almost 3. pic taken in 1956.
love the plaid & all the rick rack. i believe my mom or g'ma made the dress. i also had on the black patent shoes with the girly white soxs with lace... still love the lace & rick rack!
i can remember going to bed with bobby pins to hold the curls... remember those? probably do not sell them anymore...
found also some old coins that were silver dollars & mom wrote on them in pencil from my 3rd birthday. looked at them on Christmas eve with the kidz here. really loved finally getting them, & then looking at them ... realizing as Shanna said, 'Owen is three...' funnie how that happened. i cried coz i knew it was a "GOD" thing.... thank*U!
like ms sandy said to me this morn... have yourself a happy lil' monday! to you my friends...
~♥~ hugs & blessings, humble ♥ ~♥~

2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Vikki, you are just PRECIOUS sweetie!!!! I remember my mom putting pin curls in my hair too!!!! It didn't last long because she didn't want to mess with my hair much ~ I ended up with a pixie cut!!! I'm so glad you have the coins your mother gave you, such memories they must hold for you ~ Wishing you a wonderful week dear friend, hugs and love, Dawn

Denise Locke said...

hi sweet earth angel... I love your beautiful picture... Yes, a "GOD" thing indeed... because He is awesome!! Your Sweet Pea loves you to pieces.. xoxoxo Denise