Monday, January 5

fun kitchen lite...

this is another one of my fun lites & this is in my kitchen at Christmas time.( sorry about the pic with the cord showing from lite on top of cabinet. it is usually tucked behind. )i saw it at a shop so had to go 'junquing' for a colander. this one had the wonderful fun design of stars, which i loved. i bent the feet back, turned it upside down, kinda angled it a bit, & put a 'lil lamp/lite under it. at nite the lite shines thru the stars & makes a cool reflection of the design. this makes neat lite for a kitchen, mebbe even as a shade. filled with greenery, pinecones, berries with a battery candle lamp in it. use with flowers, whatever, not only for the holidays if want to. lotsa possiblities for a colander ~ not just for rinsing anymore! hope you find something fun/creative to do ~ blessings & hugs ~ humble♥

4 comments:

kathy said...

wow vikki - what a great idea -- Oh i wanna come play at your house -anything with stars I love too . dear friend keep those great ideas coming --- Kathy - ga

kathy said...

wow vikki - what a great idea -- Oh i wanna come play at your house -anything with stars I love too . dear friend keep those great ideas coming --- Kathy - ga

A Wild Thing said...

I love the colanders for lights, but you are as bad as I am with all the lights, you can never have enough, right. They just light our paths just right, although this old house doesn't have many pluggins so I still stub the piggys and create an avalanche...know what I mean.

There's a new blog on my page you might want to check out from some quilters in Muscatine. http://madcreekdesigns.blogspot.com
They have some cool stuff on there, they just started the other day.

later Missy...s

Vee said...

That is so cute! Now I must remember this idea...