Friday, January 9

so warm & cozy

my hubby who was to lay by the bed that owen was in til lil' 'o' fell asleep... guess who fell asleep first? Bill is soo wonderful. i am soo blessed to have him put up with me.
owen on one of his summer visits ~ is he not precious or what? the lil' 'o' toes!!! Sharon of Sweet Repose? ( see side bar to visit her wonderful blog) remember this bed i bought from you? it was white with green paint under neath? well, u know me, had to paint it a dark color & sand it down in spots. I put a bigger wood applique on it, kept the white one that you had on it for a journal or collage perhaps?

this is sylvester 'vester ' the onery cat. ( like Dawn calls it at The Feathered Nest (see side bar to visit her wonderful blog) - cat is giving me the flat eye) ( we call it the evil eye) the one who is soo loveable but the one who is the pain in my backside. he likes to once in awhile leave his tootsie rolls where they do not belong, even tho his litter box is available & clean... he was a stray who came to the door when we lived in northern iowa. over 14 -15 years ago. i opened the door to say 'hi', he walked in & stayed. no one claimed him, now i know why...


another precious shot of my favorite lil' guy. he had just took a tumble & scraped his head. one of many when you are two.



this my phoebe. she was not liked by her mom so i fed her bottles in between her mom allowing her to feed, at my holding so she could feed for a little while. she has always been there, seems to know when i need a fur hug. she loves to find the coziest spot & curl -up. she, like vester, are both teen-agers so they have slowed down a bit. such fur angels they are.





this is another of my 'cupboards' of course that i love. it is a corner one & the drawer is made of one burl of wood. and of course another one of my lil' lites, tucked behind a shutter. i love seeing the old quilts i have 'flea' 'junque' found... i switch them around every once in awhile & have one draped on the couch & chair. so we can enjoy even more. i adore looking at all the small stitches ~ think of all the time involved in such intricate work. it makes me smile at the handi-work & love. soo love the ol'timey & hand-dids. even if i find a bag of scraps i use them on my projects. the journals, a pocket on a santa, ornament, dress for a doll, etc. whatever it looks like it would be. have a warm & cozy week-end m'friends. humble ♥
be sure to check out Sharon at Sweet Repose, she makes such lovely unique necklaces & has a wonderful flair with her photography & words , painting furniture, soaps, candles & alot of great talents!... also check out Dawn at The Feathered Nest, such a sweetie. she makes the most lovely creations & is soo inspiring & encouraging. very beautiful person, with many talents. she did my blog header & has the most beautiful designs featured in magazines! on covers, no less... both love the vintage ol' timey look, too! two very talented ladies that i am blessed to have in my life as friends. both are listed on my side bar. the other ones listed are soo wonderful,too. humble ♥



7 comments:

Deb said...

Everyone looks warm & cozy :-)
Love your cupboard Vikki and blue and white quilt.

kathy said...

Vikki - Oh little bitty toes --
so precious our children and grands in sleep . Wow cute kitties -- my little dog - has to be in the room with me -- follows me everywhere -then curls up and sleeps-- 13 yrs old - I love the
cupboard and the blankets - wonderful -- Your bed - my dtr just bought one very similar !
kathy -ga- gonna try blogger again today -Yikes hope it works

A Wild Thing said...

I'm feeling a nap coming on, with all the nodders in the shots...whatever...thanks for the kuddos, but I prefer the bed black too, ya just wanna kiss them lil' toes don't cha! Vester just cracks me up, makes me just wanta talk with a lisp...ha...

have a great day friend...Barb sent a little envelope home with me to give you, I'll be workin at the candle shed saturday and I have Twigs soap there...see ya!

s

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh sweet friend, what precious sleeping angels around your home! I love seeing glimpses of your family and pretty house ~ thank you always for your sweet words...wishing you a wonderful weekend!! xxoo, Dawn

Sandy said...

Awwww, your sleepers look so sweet! Thank you for your sweet comment on my post today. I love the cupboard and the quilt, it looks like such a cozy nook! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sandy said...

I forgot to answer your question about the book in my post. Yes, you can purchase this in book stores. I got mine at a Christian book store but I have seen them in secular books stores also. You can also purchase one that father's can write in. I got two of those for my husband and we are doing this activity together in the evenings so we can give each of our young adult children a set for Christmas. The titles are:
A Father's Legacy and Reflections of a Mother's Heart. They are published by J. Countryman which is a division of Thomas Nelson Publishers. You can find them online also.

Barbara Jean said...

Hi Vikki,
Before I forget, I love your header/banner on your blog.

Now to business.I was over at Dawn's (the feathered nest)and saw the wonderful package you sent her.
What are, and where did you get those textured tiles in the photo?
I have some wood ones I can't get any more, and others want some 'like' mine. Are they wallpaper? or?
And, can you believe I ahve taht pink wallpaper in my bathroom??
Been up for years and i still love it.
Thanks for the help with the tiles.
Oh, stickers. Where did you get the bird stickers??

Blessings, Sunday, and every day.

Barbara Jean