Sunday, January 2

~♥Gods' beauty...♥~

I am amazed at how God paints His trees for us to enjoy!
Isn't it beautiful?  I LOVE ♥ how God speaks to us thru nature & His word.

I have a daily planner I have bought the last 3 or 4 years from the Christian book store.  I use it to write down birthdays, appointments, etc... but also use it to journal in. Not alot of exciting things, my thoughts, something that may have happened, etc.  The reason I love this planner is that it has a Bible passage at the bottom of the page. I read it daily & love how it goes with my day, since I usually write in the evening.
Last nite I thought about things I would like to achieve this year {no biggies...mainly usually stuff} & added I would love to create more {find & make time for what you love to do} & even put that on my blog last evening {before I read my planner}
 The greatest thing was that the January page was about God*given abilities! That was the title & read as follows
 ~ ♥ Deep within the human spirit is a desire and a capability to do wonderful things. Because we were made in the image of God, we inherited from Him the desire to *create*, to accomplish, to make things happen. But God wouldn't give us these desires without also giving us the means to carry them out.  These "means" are called abilities or talents. They are the gifts God has given us to help us accomplish great things for Him, and to help us enjoy life. How we use or misuse these abilities ultimately determines our quality of life-quality being defined not as comfort or the accumulation of things, but in terms of character, joy, and lasting satisfaction. Our goal is to first discover our abilities, then excercise them, and finally channel them toward good and not evil.♥

I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
                                                         ~Philippians 1:6~
and again isn't it beautiful?  don't 'cha just love it when that happens?!  =)
                                                         ~ hugs & blessings, humble♥~

3 comments:

kathy said...

Dear sweet friend -- oh how it blessed me to not only see this wonderful post , but such delight to see your sweet family MANY HUGS !!! Kathy - ga ♥

Rebecca said...

Hi Vicki
This is what the Lord has shown me when I started the shop, that we serve a creative God and we are made in His image... we are a creative people and it is up to us to seek and find that in ourselves and glorify God with it... the trees even sing and glorify God how much more should the sons of God glorify the Father. That is my mission this year to spread the love of the Father through my art. Pray for me - that the Lord has His perfect will.
Thank you so much dear friend for this wonderful post
Blessings
Rebecca

Nancy said...

Dear Vikki,
What a beautiful post. You have encouraged me so. The beautiful snow and frost was just was such a gift, especially at Christmas. I wish for you a wonderful new year... hope to see you soon.

Love You,
Nancy