Friday, August 14

~ my lil' o.k. boy treats jar ~


I think all lil' boys need treats... don't you? This was an old jar I found. It was especially wide at the top, which was even better for grabbing more treats for the little hands to find. I was so excited to find it, because lil' Owen's initials are O.K. for Owen Kinnick... so it had to be, right? It started out as a herring jar. I had these adorable chipboard shapes ~ firetrucks, baseball players, words, etc. I especially loved them, because they had the design on both sides, so when the glue dried, you could see the image on the inside as well! I glued them on with my tacky glue. To the glass jar and the metal lid. After letting them dry I put a coat of mod podge on the top of the chip board pieces to protect them and carefully around each chipboard piece where it met with the glass container to seal them. I did the same on the lid, and sanded in areas to distress it, and to take off wording that the chipboard pieces did not cover. Owen was called 'champ' by my dad, Kyles' grapa, lil' Owens' great-grapa... My dad loved his sweets, as do I, and Kyle & boy o' boy does Owen love his sweets/snacks! Owen loves his own lil' treats jar. Now will have to get a picture of him with his hand in the jar! Have a wonderful Friday & week-end... may it be filled with many sweet treats! hugs & blessings ~ humble♥

2 comments:

kathy said...

OH dear friend -- How cute this is -- I love it ,as will little O -- yes we are all about the snacks too - How fun that you made it even extra special for your sweetie -- Your flowers are so beautiful and love the old pump - You have a great eye for display --So happy to see your blog -
Hugs ♥♥-Kathy - ga

The Feathered Nest said...

You. are. the most WONDERFUL gramma!!!! I'm taking lessons from you sweet friend ~ I know he must love his sweet jar!!! hugs and love dear friend, xxoo, Dawn