Thursday, August 27

~ some brightness on a rainy day ~





It has been raining/drizzling the past two days here in Ioway! Some areas are reporting record rain falls agin. It is always a scare for alot of the Iowa people who have gone through major flooding just a year ago... Kyle, our son, just sent us a pic of his rain gauge & it had over 7 inches in it since yesterday! We have not had that much, but it has rained alot it seems...
I thought I would send out a cheery pics of my brown-eyed susans this summer. They are always soo bright & pretty. I had a bucket that the bottom rusted out, so just set it around the one plant I have in the one part of my flower bed. Can not throw away a perfectly good bucket just because the bottom is gone! Hope all are having a wonderful week! Can not believe it is almost Friday again!!!
Hugs & Blessings, humble♥


2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Vikki...they're so beautiful!! I do hope the rain subsides, we don't want any flooding at all for you guys! I love the way that you've used a worn out old bucket and given it a new life ~ it's wonderful, hugs and love sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

kathy said...

Vikki -- Oh girl you brightened my day - You have a whole green hand lol -!! The flag makes my heart glad also !! and the bucket - just the right touch -- -
p.s If you can believe it I am searching in my art room for your box -- How can it be lost -- I am so crazy lol !! will persevere tomorrow -- Needed on Grands duty this after& night -- Please pray for our friends daughter - 8 yrs -- has had to have a bone biopsy in both hips today -- DTr -was there all day - IN Atlanta --thankfully at one of the best children's Hospitals in the south -- Scottish Rite -- Hope to knwo something tonight -- this came on with high fevers and tremendous pain -- Pray Pray !!! Just got home -- a long , prayerful day -- and she is such a friend of the Grands -- they are very concerned -- Kathy - ga