Saturday, July 26

a beautiful booth ~ now








today our son, kyle, and i did a project together. we have a booth at a mall, that used to be a old bus barn. nothing fancy about this place ~ cement floors, peeling ceilings, no air conditioning, & in the winter - be sure to wear warm clothes & gloves! the booths are very plain so we decided to dress ours up. the previous tenant moved out early, so it was perfect timing for us to work in the space. we talked of many ideas for the walls ~ and the kidz decided on using boards, so we can hammer into them & will be more stable. he staggered the boards since the floor is so uneven & gives it a more rustic effect. kyle did all the measuring & cutting & putting up the boards & shelves. shanna did the staining & distressing. & me ~ i git to enjoy our new warm welcoming space. it is sooo wonderful! i love the way it turned out! i so appreciate my kidz. i am so blessed. it was a great day to spend with my son ~ i love u! kyle does a beautiful job with woodworking ~ he has made cabinets & cupboards for their home & a gorgeous oak changing table/dresser for lil 'o'. i will post about them sometime, too. he does an amazing job ~ especially at being the best son i could ever ask for, husband & dad ~ soo proud of you! thank*u-thank*u again & again. humble♥








8 comments:

Renna said...

It looks great! Your son is very talented. :-)

The Feathered Nest said...

I LOVE IT VIKKI!! Oh my goodness, what a difference the wood makes!! I love the shelves and picket fence too, and the chair shelves are wonderful...What a gorgeous backdrop for all of your found treasures. Thank you so much for taking your camera today and your sweet son, what an angel to do all that. Oh I love the ladder on top and the vines around the front...it's all just so cool! hugs and love to you Vikki, xxoo, Dawn

Vee said...

That looks just great! What a good idea your son had and what a great team you all make.

Thanks for visiting my corner and for leaving a comment so that I could find you! I've enjoyed looking around at your pictures of the outdoor antique show. I would love to see such a venue here.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

kathy said...

Vikki , what a great space you guys created -- It looks great --
and your son so sweet.I love all the details -- the chair shelf -
so delightful - Please take many pics of your finished booth -- wish i could visit - ♥♥-Kathy GA

Elizabeth said...

Vikki,

Thank you for stopping by my blog and offering comforting words. Very appreciated!

I love this space you have created. So, you love looking for "junque", too? I love finding treasures.

Good luck with this venture!
God bless,
Elizabeth

Myrna said...

Vikki!
Check out my blog! I gave you an award!!
Blessings!
Myrna

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Vikki... what a neat project.... and the sharing of the task... How nice.... I would love to have a booth somewhere since retirement but with the gas prices I guess I will just do ebay once in awhile..... I do well toward fall and Christmas.... Love visiting your blog.

blingqueen.typepad.com said...

I luv your little booth. Such a tease!! I am dying to see the inside!!

K