Sunday, July 13

sucha beautiful day ♥ & topped off with lemonade




today in Iowa ~ it was gorgeous! a tad windy in afternoon, but the temps were low 80's, and low humidity. usually this time of year it is very hot and humid ~ good Iowa corn-growing weather. today hubby and i took off for a flea market in Maquoketa, north of where we live. it was perfect! found some great treasures ~ i do not think i come home empty handed very often. found some wonderful religious charms, bags of broken jewelry, some watch pieces, a small bisque doll with an arm missing, and some other lil' pieces. it was a good note to see some furniture getting loaded into trucks going to new homes. our neighbor went and sold his truck load with the exception of a few items, and so he went home early ~ only after he checked it out to see if there was something he had to take home! we drove further north to Maquoketa caves, where there is this restaurant ~ truly off the beaten path. very well known and good food. as my hubby handed back a menu, he hit my glass of lemonade and yep ~ all over my lap! had to run to bathroom after cleaned up most of mess... but it looked like i was too late for the bathroom the way my jeans looked! he felt soo bad, but i thought it was funnie. =) very much a thing that happens to me. and that is very much okay... the pics are from the yard around the Bluff Lake restaurant. humble♥

8 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Vikki, sounds WONDERFUL!!! I love it when the weather does that, not so hot and low humidity. Sounds like you found plenty of treasures for your artwork sweetie!! I can't wait to see them here....show me what you make girl! I hate that about the lemonade and it's so very you to be so sweet about it...I'm glad you had a nice day ~ wishing you a wonderful week sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn

Jeanne said...

Love and hugs and smiles..........
Watch the lemonade......giggles......
Love you
Jeanne

Deb said...

Your flea market finds sound wonderful Vikki! Sounds like a fun day (lemonade spill & all) :-}

kathy said...

Vikki -- oh your pictures are
beautiful --the shopping sounds like fun -- what treasures -- please post what you create --would love to see them --
Blessings Kathy - ga

Renna said...

What a good attitude you had about the lemonaid. There really is no use in crying over spilled milk..er lemonaid! ;-Þ

Eve said...

Your weather sounds wonderful. We are in the nineties here on the Coast.

Okay, when lemonade is knocked over on someone else, it is funny...on me..not so much. LOL...you sound like you have learned to roll with the pnches.

The Feathered Nest said...

Thank you always Vikki for saying such sweet things to me!!! This artwork is out of my comfort zone but I ended up enjoying it ~ Hope you're feeling better sweet friend...(((hugs))) Dawn
ps. I haven't forgotten about your playlist...:)

Sandy said...

Please come and visit, I left a treat for you over at my place!