Tuesday, July 29

random acts ~

monday
was
just
one
of
those
days... from when i walked with ruger ~ having another neighborhood dog run out & act like he was gonna eat both of us. he did nip ruger some, but did not draw blood. ruger is fine! it was just scarey. to seeing an attny for my dads' estate. to sitting & waiting for almost 5 hours for an oil change. it just was one of those days. the wait was long because they were gonna check out more things in my jeep. they took me in the courtesy vehicle to a nice coffee shop ~ and had some reading/paperwork to do. so thought a couple of hours i could do this... but was tooo long! while i was there, tho, i did see a couple of things i may have missed had i not been there that long. one was this kind gentle giant of a man. he noticed a gal who was working not feeling well, & gave her an adjustment when she stepped out from behind the counter, he just touched a few pressure points on her neck & side of her head ~ she asked him how did u know i did not feel well, he said i just knew. i smiled at him & we just exchanged a few words. the other was another gentleman who had torn jeans, hat, elderly sweet guy. he got some of the day old bakery items. he came over & started visiting with me. (everybody talks to me ~ i can walk thru grocery store & people come up & talk. my hubby will say, who was that? i say i dunno... another earth angel?) i asked him how much were the bakery items, he said here, my gift to you. i declined & offered then to pay... he said you know when you are offered a gift you should accept graciously... he said they have plenty more & i git them for free ~ i feed the birds. he not only fed the birds ~ he fed me. what a blessing. humble♥



9 comments:

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

Five hours?! I'm so glad that even on a bad day you were able to see some blessings.

The Feathered Nest said...

Dear Vikki, you are an earth angel yourself!! How beautiful for you to be blessed in the simple, everyday goings on there....I'm sure that your sweet, kind face attracts people to you! Don't you think that kindness just surrounds those who have that heart spirit?? Wishing you a wonderful day dear friend, xxoo, Dawn

Kim's Treasures said...

How nice to see such random acts of kindness! God is good!
Have a great day!
Kim

kathy said...

Vikki -- Like attracts like --
Kindness and goodness go before you . In all our chats and your blog - your ability to see people
and care -no matter their circumstance shows -- I had a similar situation at the garage one day -after having something simple done - their error caused me to come back after getting a mile up the road -- tires were smoking --very crazy - bad brake
job --vehicles try my patience -
God was watching my reaction -
I was upset internally ( did not argue with our longtime guys who work on our vehicle)-but thereby ruined my own day , worrying about what I was needing to do.
One of the virtues we were teaching the Mission children that month was
"Patience " not easy to teach -if you are not adhereing to it .
A lesson well learned that day
You are a blessing - Kathy - GA

Renna said...

Wow, what a day. So trying to your patience, and yet preserving your faith in humanity. I was so very touched by the two gentlemen's acts of kindness.

It sounds like people are attracted to God within you. What a testimony!

Katy said...

That is sooo sweet! I love to hear stories like this. There truly are other loving people in this world! I must say, that pic in this post is GORGEOUS!!!

Vee said...

Very interesting contrasts in your day! Five hours of waiting would've turned me into a fumin' woman so I'm very impressed that you were able to receive the blessings, too.

I got a chuckle out of people talking to you anywhere. The very same thing happens to me all the time and whoever's with me thinks I know the person.

Eve said...

Some people just have such a sweet spirit about them, they attract people to them. I'm glad Ruger is okay. That must have stopped your breath for a moment there.

About that gift thing....I am so bad about that. I love to give but when it comes to accepting presents, something comes over me. I always feel like, they shouldn't have. It is a skill, I have yet to acquire. I'm am working on it though.

emily said...

What a kind person that man was! I'm glad to hear your dog is alright! Thanks for visiting me :)
emily