Friday, July 18

my walking buddy ~ ruger




this is my walking buddy. ruger. we named him after the 'german' pistol - a ruger, being a 'german' shepherd & he was an onery little pistol when a puppy. we have walked in our addition for 9 years. the road we walk is a half mile circle. so we walk 'round it 2 times, several times a day. usually 5 or 6 times in really nice weather. most times at least 4. we have walked in snowdrifts, ice storms, rain, sleet, snow. hot (we try to go early and not in hottest time of day) & we do have alot of nice weather days, too. we do not go in thunderstorms anymore since we had a lightning bolt hit toooo close to us. (it looked like storm was past - wrong) we figured one day that all these years of walking daily, there has not been mebbe but a week total of days, that we did not walk ~ that it would be how many miles? when we thought about it awhile ago and figured it ~ over 12,000 miles! actually it is more than that now.... are we ready for a trade - in yet? nope. but i think he is. he wants to trade me in for one who doesn't want to walk ~ he would rather stay on the couch. we still try & walk ~ but not as often & not 2x around. don't we all love our pets? four legged children? humble ♥

6 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Awww Vikki! He's a sweetie pie! I bet he loves you both so very much!!! My goodness, you two have walked a bunch too! I can see why you might have needed to put him upstairs today....he could get a hold of that hot water heater guy! xoxo, Dawn

Renna said...

He's a good looking dog. My little dog of German descent (Min Pin) 'sees' herself as the size of Ruger. She becomes incensed when anyone dares walk or drive by our house. My neighbor can be in her yard and Leyna is happy to see her, but let said neighbor try and walk past our house, and it's Katy bar the door! ;-Þ

I can't imagine a world without dogs. :-)

A Wild Thing said...

I will never be without my furry smiles and bad (spoiled) behaviored pooches...all with their own personalities...they make me smile and get that warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of my soul...no what I mean...

The NUT

Eve said...

I would have been a physical wreck most of my life if I didn't have to walk my dogs. I have walked in cold, hot, rainy weather but not in stormy weather. I don't like lightning. They are the best freinds, this old girl has had over the years with the exception of my DH Billy. I miss them all but thank God for my little Solo. He can no longer walk far, he is going blind and it hard on him. But he still tries when we go out.

Donna said...

Oh yes, how we do love our four-legged children! Ruger looks like a sweetie of a companion. My gal pals are a Miniature Schnauzer named Sally and a Shih Tzu named Mitzi Mae. I don't walk them often enough and you have inspired me to do that! Thanks.

Jeanne said...

I love your fur angel.
Life without them would be ruff, ruff ruff.
Love Jeanne
Ontario Canada ^j^